Monday, September 15, 2008

Stuff...

We've been fairly busy the last few weeks. If you've been reading you will have noticed that Mel had her hands full with all three kids for the last few weeks.

I've had my hands full at work managing a team of developers at work. So neither of us has had much time on our hands to do any blogging these days.

The van is holding up quite well against the assault of our three kids.

The weather is starting to turn...it actually went up to 26 degrees on Saturday here. It was like a different city. People were outside in shorts and t-shirts. The populate seemingly doubled overnight ! I'm starting to suspect that some people just don't have any pants or sweaters and only come out when it gets above 25 degrees ?

Sadly it didn't last and it's back to being 15 degrees, windy, and rainy this week.

We've managed to find spots for ourselves on an Ultimate team here in the summer league. The league kicks off at the end of the month and games are played in Albert Park. There are 5 or 6 teams in this division of the league and another 5 or 6 in the lower division. So, 12 teams in total in a city the size of Toronto. Compare that to Ottawa where the league has about 300 teams. We are both curious to see what the level of play is like here.

I've been doing a fair bit of cycling on the weekends while the kids nap. Nothing too exciting but it's good to get out and explore the city a bit on my bike. I hope to start commuting for good soon now that the days are longer and I won't be riding home in the dark.

I think that's pretty much it from my side of things.

0 comments: