Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hot Wheels - LIVE and in person !


So by now you are probably aware that Wyatt is obsessed with Hot Wheels. He will tell you himself. He will ask when about to meet a new friend, "Is he car obsessed ?".

I made the mistake of telling him that we would go the Hot Rod show the end of January way back in December. I've been telling him how long till the show since before Christmas. The show was on the Australia day long weekend ( Jan 23rd - 26th ). AFter a morning of swimming and lunch at the beach I decided to take him to the show on a Saturday afternoon.

The show was at the Royal Exhibition Building which is adjacent to the Melbourne Museum for those of you who have been to visit us. There were tons of cars just parked on the grounds outside the building and all the official show cars inside the building. I was figuring that his head was either going to pop off or explode when I got him there and it pretty much did.


I think the pictures will do it more justice than my words so have a look and enjoy...



It doesn't get much prouder than this...you'ld think he built it himself !



The building is massive...and it was full of cars, choppers, bikes, and people.





Purple was a popular colour, and this was the best of the purples.






this "ute" deserved some special attention for some reason. I saw the guy polishing the railing as we walked away.



There was even a bicycle section....









And this was the all out winner. Check out the plates ! And note that the guy has decorated his booth with toys...I'm not sure if this was well thought out or not. I tried to keep Wyatt out of the toys and was doing ok until some other people let thier kids in to play with them and then I gave up and let him sit and play with the cars for a little while.


Parking - $9.00
Entry fees - $10.00
Over priced hot wheels car from a booth - $3.00
Taking a Car-obsessed 3 year old boy to a hot rod show - Priceless !

0 comments: