Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bluezone German Beer Gardens

Kerri (from Winnipeg) told me to check out the beer gardens in St. Kilda on a Sunday afternoon as they have live music, picnic fare and her kids enjoyed the dance floor. Forgetting for a moment that neither Jeff nor I are really beer drinkers, we spontaneously decided to partake in a little action last Sunday. The crowd was a bit hipper than our caravan with 4 adults and 3 kids, but we decided to go in anyways. Cooper, Maddy and Wyatt were not interested in dancing, all they wanted to do was to walk on the road that runs parallel to the beer gardens. This was cute for a while, then got a bit tiring. The music was great, the food was good, the weather was beautiful, but we spent as much time in the empty lot next door as we did in the actual gardens. The highlight of the day for me was when Cooper took a large calamari, put it around his wrist and proceeded to nibble at it for the rest of the evening. The event itself is REALLY cool and I would love to go back without kids so that I could blend in a bit more and so my younger friends from Ultimate don’t say “I'm one of those people that looks at people that bring their kids and thinks "Don't bring your kids here, this is my space."”.

0 comments: