Friday, August 1, 2008

Superboy Alive and Well in Melbourne

So, now that we have returned to the daily grind of exploring Melbourne, I have a few Wyatt stories to entertain all of you…

The other day we were at the park with Loic and fam and Loic has an interesting habit of roaring (and he has quite the scary roar for a 2 year old). Julia was chatting with the kids and had the following conversation with Wyatt (or something pretty close to this account):
“Wyatt, what scary animal do you want to be? Loic is a lion, Cooper is a crocodile and Maddy is a snake… What do you want to be?”
“I’m Superboy.”
“Okay, What do you do then?
“I help the world.”
“Okay, What are your superpowers?”
“I save all the girls and boys in trouble”
At this point in the conversation he runs over to a girl he doesn’t know and asks her if she is in trouble. She of course is not in trouble so he tries another girl and then returns to play with Loic.
I have used his Superboy persona to my advantage and have successfully got him to put away his shoes and jacket, to help find lost items, to clean up a mess of cars, etc…According to Wyatt, Maddy is Supergirl because she helps him with these tasks but Cooper has yet to earn his “Super wings”.

For those of you that know Jeff and I, we have always joked together than we should get our kids into horror movies. Jeff has always said that kids make a movie really creepy. So last night Julia, Zak and I thought we would put this plan into action. We coached Wyatt and when Jeff came through the door after a long day’s work, Wyatt ran up to him and said “I see dead people.” Unfortunately he didn’t whisper it as we had rehearsed, nor did he do his proper creepy eyes but we all had a great laugh.

Thought this might make a few of you giggle.

0 comments: