Friday, May 30, 2008

Summary of second week

So we are now two and a half weeks in to our stay in Australia. I've been at work for two solid weeks now and the work is starting to pile up on my desk. The project I have come here for is about half way through the design phase, which basically means we are attempting to say what we are going to do. Unfortunately, the big missing piece of the puzzle is my piece so I have 20 or 30 design documents that require my input. This phase of the project is scheduled to end at the end of June. There will then be a 3 or 4 week break until we start the next phase so we will likely get to do some travelling at that point.

The people I am working with are very nice, the work atmosphere is quite nice. People seem very intelligent and for the most part open minded. They seem to work longer hours then I am used to in Canada but I'm not sure if that is to do with Australia or Accenture. One difference here is that everyone takes a full hour for lunch and goes out. Very different from the eat at your desk and work thorugh lunch mentality I'm used to. Even the busiest of people drops everything and heads out for lunch at noon.



Jeff.

0 comments: